Friday 13 November 2015

100 Days of Christmas - Christmas Tree papercraft

I wanted to create a Christmas decoration for the home, that didn't have to go on the tree but would help to decorate the rest of the walls, to give the home a Christmas feel. I was inspired by a friend who had covered a plywood Christmas tree shape with scrapbooking paper and decorated it. I don't have a plywood or chipboard tree, but I do have card. Lots and lots of card. And paper. This is suitable for both adults and children to create. (Adults will need to help cut out the tree shape for young children).

You will need:
Thick card (I used matboard but you could use 250gsm card as well; possibly even cereal packets would work.)
Variety of decorative papers
PVA glue
craft knife (scissors for children)
ruler
pencil
decorations as liked... ribbons, buttons, lace, sequins, stick-on gems...

Using your ruler, measure out a triangle on your card. Use the craft knife to cut it out.
Cover with paper. I put my triangle directly on my papers and used the craft knife to cut paper to fit,
Decorate as you wish. You might like to use ribbons, lace, buttons, sequins, glitter... it's completely up to you!
Use bluetack to put it on your wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment