Sunday 28 August 2016

A Hog on a Log -100 Days Project: mat time resources

I have been playing with these words for a long time now and have had this story in my head for several years.  I have since found out that there is a children's book already published called A Hog On A Log, but I haven't read it, and am reluctant to as it might spoil my dream.

Anyway, today's mat time story is a story that I have made up.

A Hog On A Log

 In the bog, the squishy slimy bog,
There was a log.
 A log in a bog.

And on that log,
that long, gnarly log,
there was a hog.
 A hog on a log in a bog.

And on that hog,
That very hairy hog,
There was a dog.
 A dog on a hog on a log in a bog.

And on that dog,
That friendly, happy dog
There was a frog.
 A frog on a dog on a hog on a log in a bog.

A frog on a dog.
A dog on a hog.
A hog on a log.
A log in a bog.
A log in a bog
Under a hog
Under a dog
Under a frog.

And that is how they stayed.
 Until one day, dark clouds rolled in.  Thunder crashed.  Lightning flashed.  The winds swirled and whirled around and around.
Suddenly something fell out of the sky and landed on the frog.
A wooden clog!

A clog
on a frog
on a dog
on a hog
on a log
in a bog.

And that is how they stayed.

Click on the link for more of my teaching resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment