Saturday 1 October 2016

Christmas Cards

 Last weekend I went out to visit my Mum and we spent the day making Christmas cards - what a wonderful way to spend a miserable wet, rainy day!  Mum had never used a Cuttlebug before, and she was very excited once she had a go and saw how easy it was to use and how stunning the results are.  I spent half the day cutting up paper so she could cuttlebug it! 
 Silver embossed paper on red cardstock.  Little stick-on pearls to decorate.
 Silver embossed paper on dark green cardstock.  Stick-on pearls to decorate.
 Pre-printed cards (Warehouse Stationery were selling boxes of 50 pre-printed cards with envelopes for only $2.50 a box! I love those kind of bargains - I bought 3 boxes! Haven't seen them do that kind of special since).
Christmas pre-cut pictures/words bought on special in an after Christmas sale.    
 Christmas pudding stamp; red gingko leaves paper; green cardstock; paper punches using gold card.
 Embossed white gold paper on green and red card stock; glitter glue to decorate.  'Merry Christmas' was embossed on green paper and a bit of gold and silver wax rubbed over it. 
 Metallic white paper embossed; part of a green paper doily (cut using a doily die) with blue paper underneath; Christmas shapes (also cut using a Cuttlebug Christmas die) to decorate.
 Same design embossed on gold leaf and silver paper; dark green and red cardstock.
 Baubles embossed on silver paper; red and green cardstock.
 A selection of christmas cards.
1. Gold leaf paper embossed with a reindeer & berries design, which I cut in half to separate and put on the top and bottom of the card.  A pre-printed 'Merry Christmas' put in the middle.
2. Silver paper embossed with the reindeer & berries design; I cut it in half and kept the reindeers for another card, and used the berries on the bottom.  I used a flower punch to cut out metallic pink, silver and gold card flower shapes, put together into a pyramid shape to resemble a Christmas tree.
Embossed reindeers used on the bottom part of cards with pre-printed Christmas slogans.
 Gold cardstock; Red embossed berries placed diagonally on corner; Christmas pudding was one that I had made when making paper Christmas decorations last year for my own 100 days project (The 100 Days project didn't run last year but I did it anyway - 100 days of Christmas!) Click on the link for instructions on how to make Paper Christmas Pudding decorations.
White gold paper embossed with the Reindeer and berries design.
I always look in the specials and clerance bins on my rare outings to big stores.  I picked up the die for this reindeer and sleigh for only $5! Die cut deer and sleigh using gold corrugated card; Flower punch using silver card; Pre-printed Christmas slogans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment